Monday, March 4, 2013

MUCHAS PICADURAS Y NINGUNO HOTMAIL

which means lots of bites and no hotmail.  hotmail is making me loco and won´t let me in, so take note, David in Oshawa, i can´t send anything but these blogs.  chris, if you can contact peachey, can you pass on the blog address?  gracias.
so there´s no post office. karoul told me a very funny story;  - she has many and is a mimic - about how the mail works here. a woman who is deaf has a bike with a wheelbarrow attached and goes through the town to track down people.  it takes a month for anything to arrive, so no mail.
last night we started to watch  les miz at karoul´s, but hated it, so switched to a noel coward-type romp with colin firth.  she loaned me her small dvd player and 2 movies for later (argo is one).
lucy you´ll be glad to hear the zumba class is in the park next door to me.  had my first free class this morning - will continue if i can still walk.
hoping to eventually do some music in town, but meanwhile k. loaned me a small guitar; i amuse myself with that and my 2-octave teeny piano.
the ocean is very wild; i won´t go in, and was despairing of swimming, but today a friend of k´s said i could use her pool any time.  que fortuna para me!!


the photos (and 2 very short videos) are:  la guitarra pequeña; a palm hut on the beach that someone made; my rings: approx. 3 seconds of my balcony so you can hear the stupid rooster; my talking shadow on the beach, and some ocean roar.
i bought the little clown one at a yard sale in toronto, but never wore it because the movale arms, legs, and head catch on everything.  right away she lost her right leg - i didn´t notice when- but i decided she might well become a 4-way amputee by trip´s end.  she´ll turn into the guy in the monty python movie - "it´s just a flesh wound!!" - and so keep me laughing.
laugh, eat, and sing - those are my goals.
got some lovely fresh fish from my landlord below my apartment. it was fabulous.
entonces......es todo por hoy.  that´s all folks
hasta luego.   this computer is taking forever to upload an 8-second and a 30-second video.  if they´re not visible, it means i gave up waiting  - and paying for the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment